Wax Amaryllis Bulb - White Flower - Maintenance Free!
In stock now!
Natural amaryllis bulbs from Peru, covered and protected with wax to keep the moisture inside and allow the bulb to sprout and bloom by itself.
The special varieties used, bulb size and post harvest temperature treatments, assure a natural and reliable sprouting and blooming. All the energy and water that the plant needs is stored in the bulb, so there is no need for planting or watering.
These amaryllis bulbs are produced in their native Peru in open fields and harvested in May-June, cleaned and cold stored. Each bulb is hand-waxed and painted on site and and transported by truck and sea freight to the UK, so it’s also a flight-free product!
Available in various wax colours - please select the wax colour from drop-down menu. (We also have bulbs with red flowers - available here.)
Nearly every person who has bought these, has come back for more!
Store between 5-8 degrees if you want to keep dormant. Do not allow to freeze or get wet. Once you want them to start growing, simply bring inside to normal room temperature (the warmer the room, the quicker they will grow!).
- No planting or watering needed - DO NOT PLANT, DO NOT WATER
- Leave your Wax Amaryllis at room temperature and enjoy watching it as it grows every day
- Energy and water are already inside the bulb
- Thanks to the special variety and temperature treatments used after harvest, the bulb is ready to start the growth by itself
- It takes between 4 to 6 weeks to reach blooming
- Each bulb will produce 2 flowering stems (sometimes 3, and if you're really lucky, occasionally 4!), and each stem will have 3-4 flowers
- Blooms for another 4-6 weeks, with up to three flowering stems
- Turn the bulb occasionally if the flower starts to grow towards the light- this will keep the stem growing straight
- After blooming, wax coating can be removed and the bulb can be planted following the same techniques as for any other Amaryllis bulb
- Not edible!
ALSO AVAILABLE WITH RED FLOWER.