Hand-dipped Tapered Dinner Candles from Ester & Erik, Denmark - LIGHT GREY, DARK GREY, BLACK (also available in the wonderfully neutral, goes with anything, Flax colour )
We are absolutely delighted to be able to share with you these elegant hand-dipped tapered dinner candles that we use in some of our candelabras. We have had such great feedback regarding these "display" candles that we decided to start stocking them (in our usual neutral colour pallette of course!).
Ester & Erik candles are centred on the traditional dipping technique. Every single cotton candle wick is dipped into hot paraffin wax of the very finest quality - the process repeated until a beautiful candle has been created. As a finishing touch, the candles are hand-coloured. (They can also be given a glossy lacquer finish but we actually prefer them un-lacquered and therefore that is how we supply them - please note that the photos here are of lacquered candles and therefore more "wet look" than those we supply but the colours are the same).
This traditional dipping technique and the unique quality of materials used, ensures splendid well-shaped candles which burn with a pure and steady flame – burning slowing and elegantly and then self-extinguishing. A pure candle that will release neither smell nor soot and without wax running down its side. Conically shaped in the bottom so they fit most candlesticks.
The long and elegant taper candles are delivered to us in the frames on which they were produced. We snip them off on demand, gently wrap them and supply whatever quantity you require.
Handmade, long, lean and with the thin elegant point that is the Ester & Erik trademark.
Also see the wonderfully neutral, goes with anything, Flax colour that everyone loves which is available in four sizes.
Lengths available in Light Grey, Dark Grey and Black:-
32cm (8 hrs burn time)
42cm (11 hrs burn time)
Caring for your candles: To obtain the very best from your Ester & Erik candles, the following rules should be observed:-
- Ester & Erik's candles will not drip unless exposed to draughts or intense heat. Lit candles should therefore never be placed near radiators or air conditioning systems.
- Always keep lit candles at least 10 cm apart.
- Avoid touching the edge of the candle while it is lit as this may create imbalance and cause the candle to drip.
- The length of visible wick should be approximately one centimetre. This will ensure maximum burning time and prevent smoke and soot formation.
- Never leave lit candles unattended.